NOTE: TRIM LUMBER IS OUT OF STOCK UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
These are the boards we use for swim platforms and trim. The boards are solid HDPE plastic and are manufactured using a foaming agent that makes the center less dense than the outside “skin.” This allows the boards to be screwed without pre-drilling. Trim lumber has the smoothest texture, the most eye-appealing color, and is about twice as flexible as wood lumber. By its nature it is less slippery wet than dry. Typical woodworking tools can be used on our trim lumber. It can be sawed, planed, mitered, routed, drilled, etc.
Not recommended for structural uses.
- Recycled Plastic Lumber is long lasting and virtually maintenance free
- Recycled Plastic Lumber never needs to be treated/painted and is resistant to most graffiti
- Recycled Plastic Lumber does not splinter or absorb moisture
- Recycled Plastic Lumber can be shaped using conventional woodworking methods & tools
- Recycled Plastic Lumber is resistant to salt and acids
- Recycled Plastic Lumber is unaffected by termites, rodents, worms, marine parasites, or other insects
- Recycled Plastic Lumber does not leech or bleed toxins or carcinogens into the soil or marine ecology
Please note that the trim lumber can not be glued. Glue or paint will not stick to it. Trim lumber must be installed by using screws or other mechanical fasteners. Sealants CAN be used with the screws. Sealant will form a gasket between the trim lumber and substrate which will create a seal to prevent water leaks.
All trim lumber orders may be subject to a lead time. Standard colors are usually more readily available. Premium colors cost a little more and may not be in stock. PLEASE CONTACT US TO CONFIRM AVAILABILITY.